Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

My 2007 subaru 2.5i has a viper alarm installed by Best Buy.

Customer Question

My 2007 subaru 2.5i has a viper alarm installed by Best Buy. All working well. Battery positive cable was removed accidently and caused alarm to go off. How do i shut it off or disarm. I don't know the 1-5 code for disarm. I tried leaving switch key on and continually holding the unlock on the Fob with no stopping the alarm.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I dont have the FOB or year manufactured VIPER but its several years old and was on the car we i purchased it last year. I recently purchased an additional FOB. I may have to check back when I have FOB info and year of the alarm
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took the battery cable off accidentally. Nothing is wrong with the VIPER alarm. I just don't know procedure to shut it off. Perhaps I need to keep doing the procedure with FOB to shut it off.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Whats the fee for the service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Car Electronic Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Perhaps I need to get the FOB and other info regarding the alarm that's on it before I move forward.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 months ago.

Unless you know where the Valet Switch is located & / or the Model Number of the Viper, there is little you or anyone else can do, as Viper makes 100's of different Alarms & many of them have different ways to shut off the Alarm
You will NOT be able to Program a New Remote (fob) until the Alarm is "DISARMED"
.
Try this:
Be sure the Vehicle Battery is FULLY Charged
Disconnect the Negative Battery.
Open the Driver Door & LEAVE Open
Turn Ignition Switch ON & LEAVE ON
Reconnect the Negative Battery Cable
Alarm may sound for a few seconds (not minutes)
when it stops
Start vehicle

.

Otherwise you need to hunt down the Main Alarm box, usually located under Driver Dash, & get the Model Number off the box
OR, disconnect the complete Alarm wire by wire

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I guess this is a very difficult question since the answer is very general and I have tried everything except disconnecting all the wires. I indicated I didn't need a guess and would get the FOB number and alarm number. thanks for the try but this really didn't help since I tried these things before. Since you didn't have enough information to answer perhaps no response would have been best.

wow.........
You gave NO Information except it was a "viper"
You did not know the Remote could NOT be programmed, until the Alarm was DisArmed
I have been installing for over 20 years & "know more about this type situation" than you can realize
There is no way anyone could answer a question without knowing more of the system
Communication is the key & I guess you cannot do that
You have a nice day & hope you get it worked out

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think it would be better to wait later today when I am at the car and can provide you the type VIPER and other details needed to make a more informed response. Not questioning your experience or expertise just stating as you did state its impossible to answer without the specific details. If possible we can talk around 12 EST today when I am at the car with the FOB in hand. I only suggested you answer after having the additional details

Will OPT OUT & RELIST........
good luck, hope you get it worked out

thanks