Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Viper 0890 remote starter and alarm. Changed

Customer Question

I have a Viper 0890 remote starter and alarm. Changed batteries in remote. Blue light comes on remote. Car does not lock/unlock.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The make is Viper, the model is CE0890. 2007 or so.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the batteries died last night. I replaced the batters 45 minutes. I pushed the lock button. Nothing happened on the car.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Try holding the lock and unlock button on the remote at the same time standing near the vehicle and see if the locks cycle and then see if the locks operate properly from there.If this is or was already attempted and did not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete