Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My 2010 toyota camry cd player reading cd check and wont

Customer Question

My 2010 toyota camry cd player reading cd check and wont allow disk
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2010 toyota camry le 2.5l 4 cyl
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 5 days now try to turn off and on but still same
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My 2010 toyota camry cd is not accepting disk and its showing cd check. Kindly assist on what to do
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error message means the CD is dirty or is inserted upside down.

If the CD player actually allows you to get the disk into it, then it may have a dirty read head.

There are cleaning kits for this problem, which are cheap enough. You run a cleaning disc in it, and the read head gets wiped off that way, without blurring it or breaking it.

For instance:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/47470983?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227035162484&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=77071562912&wl4=pla-149873229632&wl5=9008156&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=47470983&wl13=&veh=sem

for about $6 from WalMart, or

https://www.amazon.com/Memorex-DVD-Lens-Cleaning-Kit/dp/B00008EM7U

If this does not help, if the CD player has a different problem (e.g. if it already has a disc stuck in it), let me know, and I will suggest other things to try. (Use the Reply To Expert function to respond.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

Thanks.