Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have bought a alpine IVA-D100E car stereo and have found

Customer Question

Hi i have bought a alpine IVA-D100E car stereo and have found that it is missing the DC/DC power converter, i have been told that it will not work with out this component . I am wanting to install ot in my toyota prado. Can you let me know how i can obtain this part or if their is a way i can still install the stereo and have all parts working. I live in perth wa. Your help and prompt restonce will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Bree, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the DC/DC Converter is necessary as its name/description implies, it converts the car's 12V battery power into several voltages to properly run the Alpine IVA-D100.

I checked the schematic diagrams/Service Manual and there are five (5) sub voltages produced by this converter.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.