Dr.Cars299
Dr.Cars299, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer. been working with cars for the past 12 years.
11923974

I new a diagram and instructions to install an

Customer Question

I new a diagram and instructions to install an Electromagnetic Disconnect Battery Switch for a vehicle.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases the diagram or info you need may come with the switch that is purchased.If you need vehicle specific wiring let me know the year,make and model as well as engine liter size so I can see what I can locate on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2004 Ford F-250 SD XL SuperCab 4WD (1FTNX21L44EC95733)
No instructions came with the device.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number for this device at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Roll over image to zoom inCar Auto Vehicle Battery Switch Electromagnetic Disconnector,
E-KYLIN DC 12V Automobile Power Switch
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I do not see a diagram that I have to help assist wire this in myself but others here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Dr.Cars299 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is just a big relay to disconnect battery power to your whole car. On the picture that you sent, the big terminals on the left side with the bolts are for battery cables. use the positive terminal from the battery and connect it to one terminal of the relay , then connect the other terminal of the relay to the original car cable (POSITIVE) of the car. then the two small terminals at the right of the relay are for controls. One should be ground, (chassis) and the other one should be positive from a hidden switch that you can control manually from the inside of the car.

I will make a diagram once I come back home...please stand by. Thanks.

here is the diagram