Car Audio Rusty
Car Audio Rusty, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Powering, fusing, wiring, and general installation
63817454

I replaced the battery in my 2003 expedition. When I got

Customer Question

Hello, I replaced the battery in my 2003 expedition. When I got done I had to reset the clock. However, I didn't have to redo the radio presets. It's been telling me "GPS time needs to inialize wait a few minutes." It has not been able to initialize since l replaced the battery. I can set the clock but when l turn the car off and turn it back on it shows --:--. Why won't it initialize and keep the time set? The Ford part no. for the navigation unit is 3L1Z18806CA. I also have another no. 2L14-18K931-CK. Also the screen on the unit shows 'time, show and done' on the left side of screen. The manual shows 'adjust, set, show and done.' I guess because it won't initialize. Also the direction indicater is white telling me I have a good signal. Navigation does work also.
I don't expect to pay the full amount unless you fix the problem.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Car Audio Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Is it still initializing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call me when you get a minute.

I'm not finding any info on that head unit. Do you see a reset button on the front of it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I was hoping you could tell me how to reset the unit. I'm pretty sure this unit is made by pioneer. 2L14-18K931-CK
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm ready anytime.