stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

What adapters do I need to install a DDX 319 in a 2008 jetta

Customer Question

What adapters do I need to install a DDX 319 in a 2008 jetta with the 6 cd changer and SAT radio capability? I want to be able to connect my iphone so I can stream music from spotify, etc. Thanks !
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 months ago.

According to Pioneer
The DDX 319 for 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan with in-dash CD changer is not compatible with your car
Where did you get info that it is ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a KENWOOD DDX 319 (I didn't mentioned the brand in my original question)..Thanks.

Very sorry..........I was working on 3 other questions & Posted Pioneer.........WRONG.....lol
Yes.......KENWOOD DDX 319...........Kenwood states :

very sorry for the mistake.
Where did you get the info that it would fit?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Crutchfield. It does fit my car.

strange..........Crutchfield shows "DISCONTINUED"

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Kenwood_DDX319_DVD_Receiver_p/113ddx319.htm

I will OPT OUT & RELIST, as My info is direct from Manufacturer
Please do not respond to this, as it will LOCK the Question
IF someone else can Help they will Post here
good luck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not satisfied with this answer. The KENWOOD radio was traken of a 2007 Golf, which has the exact same electronics as the 2008 Jetta. The Crutchfield page says that the DDX319 "fits your car", and it does say teher is a "newer model", which means the latter is discontinued, as electronics get obsolete within months, but it does not mean that they no longer fit OLDER cars, like mine. I would keep researching. I would like my refund please.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I received confirmation from Crutchfield that the reciver IS compatible with my car, and have quoted the parts I need to install it. Please let me know how to claim my refund. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Who will answer????