Car Audio Rusty
Car Audio Rusty, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Powering, fusing, wiring, and general installation
63817454

How to do go about getting a radio code for a kenwood

Customer Question

how to do go about getting a radio code for a kenwood ddx7017?
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the radio from a friend at work. No remote with it.
Expert:  Car Audio Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

The radio code is a theft protection. It was set when the radio was first installed. Your friend should have the code. It's there in case someone steals your radio, they won't be able to use it. It activates when power is cut from the radio.

You will need to get the original code from the person you bought it from. Kenwood may be able to get around the code if you are unable to get the code from the seller.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the nearest kenwood dealer to Botkins,OH?

You have a few, here they are. If you take it to Best Buy, they will just ship it to Kenwood and mark up the repair price, so beware. You can contact Kenwood directly, 1(###) ###-####

Here are your nearest dealers:

CLASSIC STEREO1391 N CABLE RD LIMA OH###-##-####USA***-***-****Car Entertainment Dealer eXcelon Dealer

CUSTOM AUDIO CONCEPTS2311 ELIDA ROAD LIMA OH###-##-####USA***-***-****Car Entertainment Dealer eXcelon Dealer

ABC WAREHOUSE INC.3465 ELIDA RD LIMA OH###-##-####USA***-***-****Car Entertainment

H.H. GREGG1258 E ASH ST PIQUA OH###-##-####USA***-***-****Car Entertainment Dealer22.0 mi