stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I have an existing factory security system, but no key fob.

Customer Question

I have an existing factory security system, but no key fob. Is it possible to simply swap out the brain while using the existing wiring? If not, is it possible to only use the keyless entry feature without wiring the rest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 month ago.

Technically there is a factory disarm function and a wire that would be indicated if it were necessary for the unit to function. Yes, you can use an aftermarket "brain" to add the door lock feature. You would need power, ground, door locks which are indicated as positive or negative trigger, and possibly the factory disarm signal wire also. There are dedicated products for the occasion.