stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I have a Kenwood DDX771 and a Kenwood KTC SR 901. The cable

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood DDX771 and a Kenwood KTC SR 901. The cable supplied with the 901 for the connection to a head unit does not appear compatible with the 771. the instruction manuals for the 771 and 90 both say that the cable is compatible. what am I overlooking or doing wrong?, because that cable will not plug into the 771?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 month ago.

Are there any pictures you can send for reference?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can send you some pictures later today, I'm at work now and won't be able to send them to you until approximately 6pm est. The supplied cable , if I remember correctly, has 13 or more pins and the 771 connection has fewer, maybe 10 pins, and is slightly smaller in diameter. I don't have the equipment in front of me so I'm just going on memory. can I send you those pics later today, and how can I send them to you, an email address?
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 month ago.

The text box has a clip link for uploads, I can check later since updates are sent to my phone. Anytime is good, thanks!