stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I have a 2008 audi tt with non bose system, the header unit

Customer Question

i have a 2008 audi tt with non bose system, the header unit lights up everything works nut no sound, replaced the amp in the boot with a new one still no sound, any ideas
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: we are a garage and this is one of our stock cars for sale, about 2 months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: scanned no faults found in radio
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you checked all the fuses in the auto?

What is the maker of the "non-Bose" sound/radio/etc. system?

Try different sound sources... select radio, or CD if there is a CD player included, see if all the possible sound sources produce anything. (If they don't, then you may well have a defective audio amplifier in the "non-Bose" system... but that is yet to be determined.)

Let me know what you find out, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its a blaupunkt system, no sound from any sources, changes the amp in the boot for a new one and tried a different head unit still no sound and have checked all the fuses

Then you most likely have a defective audio amplifier in the Blaupunkt system. It will have to be repaired, beyond doubt, I would say.

(Provided that you are sure the speaker wires aren't crossed.)