ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a Kenwood DNX5791HD & Installed it in a 2013 jeep

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** have a Kenwood DNX5791HD & Installed it in a 2013 jeep wrangler unlimited. I bought a BrandMotion adjustable rear vision system for jeep wrangler 2007- current (kit # 9002-8847). but the wiring harness with the kit # 9002-8847 has a 22-pin connector to plug into the back of the radio (Kenwood DNX5791HD) but there's no place to plug the connector into the radio. How can I get this BrandMotion adjustable rear vision system (kit # 9002-8847) to connect/work on the Kenwood DNX5791HD?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Wil,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thank you Pete, do you have an idea of how long this will take?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm still waiting for your recommendation on how to fix my issue .
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you again, my reply yesterday appears to not have gone through.

The BrandMotion rear vision system is not directly compatible with the Kenwood DNX5791HD - this may have been an aftermarket system fitted to your Jeep.

I cannot find any way to make it work... there are no types of harness/adapters available for it.

You could try calling BrandMotion directly to see if they know of an adapter that'd work for the Kenwood.

You can contact them at

Sorry I didn't have better news for you on this occasion.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.