Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Flash Memory Multimedia AV

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Flash Memory Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver. The screen is black except in the left top corner it has the time and the work "off".
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The system was installed in 3/2010. AVIC-X710BT. I do not know where to find the model number.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried pushing menu and map - nothing.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: In the past the system goes off when it is hot. When I get out of the car I cover the screen with a paper towel. I have not had any trouble since I do this.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Please try resetting the unit: Use a straightened out paperclip, or a toothpick and locate the tiny pinhole reset button on the upper left hand corner of the Pioneer. Press and hold that button down for 10 full seconds and release, then wait a minute and try to power the receiver up. Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?