ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I drive a 1997 Toyota Celica and have a Uniden V2600

Customer Question

Hi there, I drive a 1997 Toyota Celica and have a Uniden V2600 installed in ti by its previous owner and the remote has stopped working. The car doesn't have an override/valet switch so I was just wondering if there were a way to disarm the alarm without the need for its remote?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just now. However, I have been driving the car the whole day and only now is this happening
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried turning the car on/off 4 times within 15 seconds.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: The remote had been a bit unresponsive a couple times this week but now its completely dead
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm not too sure about the tv model but if it is possible can I please be connected through to him
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

Are you certain there isn't a valet switch fitted?

It is normally a little red button, sometimes located under the dash or the kick panel, or in the glove box or even in the fuse box.

If you don't find it then you can enter a series of codes using the ignition switch - you will need to contact Uniden customer services for the exact ignition key code to disable your system.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------