stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

My 2006 Pacifica has an aftermarket remote start. About a

Customer Question

My 2006 Pacifica has an aftermarket remote start. About a year ago it no longer worked properly so I stopped using it. When I was driving all f the warning lights came on dash, no wipers, no radio, Windows etc. all gauges were going back and forth but still driving. Parked and turned off car. Started car same thing happened but now could not put car in drive. It was in remote start mode. I took out key while car running and hit lock button twice to turn car off. it seems that car stays in remote start mode which also leaves car in security mode but is drive able. Then car would not start and immobilizer warning came on
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No. It is at my mechanics right now and I explained the same thing to him. Should all fuses be checked?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm hoping it's an easy fix that my mechanic can do. Can the remote start be disconnected
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: H seems to think it is remote start
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 months ago.

Brand & Model Number of Remote Start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no idea. Came with the car when purchase
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also the fob key unrecognizable came on and on one the keys the remote unlock door locks does not work.

Thanks...........
Without that info, it will be hard to say if the Remote Start is the cause or not
There are a number of "different" Remote Start Applications for this vehicle
Some are "plug & play" ...some are "hardwired" (cut & splice)
Chrysler has a issue with their Ignition Switch also, which they posted a RECALL on a number of years & Models just recently
At this time I do not have the most recent RECALL Info, so you may want to have your mechanic wait until you verify with a Chrysler Dealer
I just had a complete Ignition Switch & 2 FOBs replaced under RECALL for 2010 Chrysler
IF you can find out the Brand & Model Number of the Remote Start, I will be glad to help further

You may want the Mechanic to disconnect the Remote Start & go back to factory connections, but if he is unfamiliar with Aftermarket Equipment you may be spend more $$$ than needed