Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

How to wire the aftermarket stereo into my Suzuki Vitara

Customer Question

Hello there! I am installing an aftermarket stereo into my 2002 Suzuki Vitara. I'm confused on the wiring. Which wires would connect my interior lights? Can u help me? Thank you!
I bought it a couple weeks ago. I had it powered and working but my dome lights wouldn't come on. So tonight I took it back out. Still no dome lights and now there's no power or dash lights either.
I have tried re-wiring from scratch...I've been looking online trying to find some way to interpret which stick wires for the interior lights would translate to my aftermarket but I'm not having much luck...Thank you.!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially for the Suzuki Vitara, please see the links below:
  • • car stereo wiring, click HERE;
  • • dome light / door trigger and relevant wiring, HERE and HERE.