Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

Does the car battery alway supply power to your digital

Customer Question

Does the car battery alway supply power to your digital capacitor to amp even when car is off if I don't drive my car for a week battery dies what am I doing wrong my digital capacitor is always on please help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack

Perhaps I can help you with this but I have to say that we don`t sell those caps this is a pay site for electronics (and other categories) help and consulting.

I still can answer that question but I just wanted to specify that .

If you came here by mistake and want out then use the link and phone number below;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Otherwise just let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you can answer my question that's great if not I want out
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

No problem , just a question on this ;

Did you installed that cap on the backup /main battery lead or the ignition lead ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Main Battery lead
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

O.k then although yes this cap is always online , by nature a capacitor is in itself sort of a backup battery , it is even used in some low power systems as such for power outage to keep the memory powered .

So after the initial charge it just sits there charged up and does not drain anything further ,your car radio backup lead drains more which is very little.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid by the website for my time helping you .

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But it drains my battery how do I install so when I turn off the car the cap stoppulling from main battery
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When car is not in use it drains my battery
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

I said ;after the initial charge it just sits there charged up and does not drain anything further

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

It DOES NOT drain your battery

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then I have it hooked up wrong because it's alway lit up and drawing from battery if I don't drive my car for a few days my battery needs a boost
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should the lights on the cap turn off ever it's always showing how much power it has and a red light is always on even when car is off
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a model number on this thing ?

You may have something else draining your battery , this is not supposed to and even if there is a small LED (light) on , that would take a couple of months to drain the battery , a capacitor DOES NOT drain anything

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Disconnect just that unit , you will know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well it does when I pop out the fuse leading to the cap my battery is fine it's a blue diamond LC 1200BL
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

O.k then let me check this but I have to say that I was talking about a straight capacitor , not some device using a capacitor

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Not getting anything with that model number or brand for that matter .

I will opt out and repost your question

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent a picture