ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I went to a local shop to have a keyless entry (viper)

Customer Question

I went to a local shop to have a keyless entry (viper) system installed in my 2007 Honda Fit. Nothing special, just an entry level alarm system with key fob remotes. When I picked the car up, both rear door locks were not functioning at all.and there was a loss of power to right rear turn signal- no power when checked with volt meter. They claim they had nothing to do with it and can't figure out what the cause is. Can you think of something that might have caused this presentation of symptoms?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No doubt I could fix it, I am trying to troubleshoot the problem to figure out if they caused it. When I pulled my car on their lot it worked perfectly.When I picked it up it had these problems. I am trying to assist them to find the fault to repair it.They seem clueless.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: This vehicle never had any electrical problems previously.I'm looking for something they might have accidentally and unknowingly broken, shorted our fried during alarm installation that would cause the loss of power only to both rear door locks and right turn signal.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't read your answer. Never got reply. Took car to another shop who fixed it. This site is terrible. Spent money, never got an answer. I want my money back.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All your answer says is " Hi there" nothing else posted. Is this some kind of joke?