stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a pioneer AVH-1700S that was working with my galaxy

Customer Question

I have a pioneer AVH-1700S that was working with my galaxy s5, my phone was giving me problems, I have a new phone now the s7 but when trying to pair with the car bluetooth it sees but then it asks for a code and when i say okay it says it could not be paired, wrong code, when I go into the bluetooth device on y car it says memory full and tried to follow the manual to go in and delete the memory but it says there is no device and I keep pressing the icons but nothing happens
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I realize the situation must be frustrating, but I hope I can help with it.

Please tell me one thing: Are you trying to connect, via Bluetooth, from the new S7 phone to the Pioneer AVH Device? or is it in the other direction, from the Pioneer, that you try to connect, when the PIN code is asked for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i am trying to it from my phone with the code and it will say is not pairing, since the code given says is not the right one, from the car bluetooth, it says there is no device and that the memory is full, but don't know where to go to delete it, i have followed the manual but i keep pressing the keys and nothing happens

The memory full problem may refer to up-to-three Bluetooth devices being registered in memory on the Pioneer AVH device.

That can be solved by deleting one registered device of the three. Instructions available, if you want to try this.

The problem with the PIN may be solved, by entering a new PIN in the Pioneer AVH device as follows:

Get to the Bluetooth screen on the Pioneer device.

Touch 'PIN Code Input'.

Touch the 0 to 9 buttons or controls to enter a PIN of up to 8 digits.

Touch ENTER.

(The default PIN code for this device is

0000

if you want to try that PIN before bothering to try changing it.)

Let me know how it goes please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay, will try this

OK. Let me know how it goes, please.