stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I just purchased a Sony CDX-565up faceplate car radio on

Customer Question

I just purchased a Sony CDX-565up faceplate for my car radio on ebay. The car is a 2001 hyundai elantra. The old faceplate was a Sony CDX- gt57up. The old faceplate worked fine with no problems. However when I put the new one in.. all the audio works but there is no display. I'm just wondering if the faceplate is defective or if there may be some compatibility issue. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem with the new faceplate and the lack of display, may be something other than compatibility, possibly... though to be quite honest, I don't think the new faceplate is totally compatible.

Is the connector to the display properly connected?

If you did not unplug nor disconnect the connector to the display, then did you crimp that connector (likely to be a white ribbon connector) by putting the new faceplate on? double-check on that possible cause... the ribbon connector might, in that event, be broken and in need of replacement.