Car Audio Rusty
Car Audio Rusty, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Powering, fusing, wiring, and general installation
63817454

I have a problem with a HDS 8 I bought about 2 1/2 yrs ago.

Customer Question

I have a problem with a HDS 8 I bought about 2 1/2 yrs ago. It's not a Problem that Lowrance caused. Bass Pro offers to update for free & I thought a good idea @ the time. When I got it back the structure scan said no source. Meanwhile I bought an HDS 9 touch Gen 2 & hooked it up & everything works great which told me it wasn't a cable or transducer problem so I took it back to Bass Pro Tulsa & they said it needed set back to factory settings & proceeded to do so. Now the structure scan is not even on the menu. Is there anything I can do like send it in & have it reprogrammed. Iv'e used Lowrance for 25 yrs & never had a problem! Thanks in advance! ***@******.***
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Car Audio Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hi Rick, my name is Rusty. For updates, never do them unless they are required, and even then, try to stay away from them on any device except your computer. Updates are when the product can fail. You'll need to send it to Bass Pro to have the old software flashed back to the device. It shouldn't cost you anything, since the update is what caused the issue in the first place. Make sure they put the original operating system software on it, not the updated software. 1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I called Lowrance direct & had it fixed over the phone in 5 min

That's wonderful, I knew the direct support was the best way to go. The reset procedure doesn't always reverse the updates on all devices. I'm glad it's working.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, we're done

You're referring to the automated emails, it's not me sending them. You can ignore them.