Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I have a 2011 f 250 with navigation back up camera built in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 f 250 with navigation back up camera built in the radio . It continuously cuts off then back on . What is my problem ?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.

Hello, the most common issue with the backup camera system is a bad camera itself. They are a common failure and not too difficult to replace.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you still need assistance with this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the whole system that cuts off and on continuously . The radio screen ,navigation ,and all . It will be on for about 20 to 30 seconds then cut off for about 10 seconds . The screen goes black no sound from radio all shuts down . This is a continual cycle .
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Let me get this to some better techs that work on these with the whole system shutting down.

I will have this moved to the car audio section for they would have some better points to check.

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
The Dash Computer is typically the cause & use of Ford Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test, Program & Update
In 2012 There was a REFUND for the Dash Computer thru Ford, as there was not fix for the issues the Computer caused
Customer Satisfaction Program / Recall 11B27....expires June 2012
At this point, Ford may still give allowance, after the Dealer Tests the System to pinpoint the issue
Without use of Ford Dealer Scan Tool, Customer is limited to checking Connections & Fuses

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

.

did you need more information?
please respond or rate my answer

thank you