stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I,m trying to get my Alpine iDA-X305s stereo to work with

Customer Question

I,m trying to get my Alpine iDA-X305s stereo to work with any usb device, I have tried 4 different devices and get one of two messages on the Alpine "NO USB PRESENT" or "USB DEVICE ERROR" the mp3 indicates its sees the Alpine
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: ALPINE iDA-X305s
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: trying various input devices
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Car Electronic Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried a USB/Flash drive that has an indicator light when connected/accessed? Or any USB device that gets its power from the USB connection?