Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have installed a pioneer deh-x8700bs into a 2007 dodge

Customer Question

I have installed a pioneer deh-x8700bs into a 2007 dodge ram. It works great. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to get the illumination / dimmer feature to work when I turn the headlights on. At night it is bright! There wasn't anything straight forward to connect the orange and white wire from the radio to. Is there a wire from behind the dash that goes to any of the accessories that I can get that signal from?
I do not have any steering wheel controls.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Justin and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, likely a bit more challenging as there are two (2) headlight conditions; low and dim. Consider an alternative trigger source, the car's park/instrument light. In most Ram versions, this would be an orange/dark blue wire.