ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Have a Kenwood DDX9903S just installed and two issues I

Customer Question

Good morning. Have a Kenwood DDX9903S just installed and two issues I can't figure out how to resolve:-When you turn on the system, if gives you a warning screen about driving and GPS, I want to know how to disable it, so that doesn't happen.
-I connect an iPhone 6 via Bluetooth or CarPlay. When connected via Bluetooth and I make calls it comes through all speakers, when connected through CarPlay (via cable) and I make calls, the calls only come through Front speakers. Can't figure out how to get it to all speakers for calls (music works through all) via CarPlay.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Andy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get notified of your reply.

1. the warning screen cannot be disabled.

2. to turn on all speakers for CarPlay, change the bluetooth streaming defauly from front speakers to all speakers: go to System - Bluetooth Setup - Bluetooth HF/Audio and set to All.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete, thank you for the reply. On your second answer around all speakers for using CarPlay what you suggeted is something that I already did when I first setup the systems. I enabled the Bluetooth all for speakers, so that is find. But i was speicfially referring to when it's on CarPlay. All speakers play when I play music, GPS or even Siri, but when I am on a telephone call the call only broadcasts on the front speaker, but only on CarPlay. On Bluetooth phone calls go through all speakers. It just doesn't make sense that there is not setting for CarPlay on the Kenwood receiver to enable or change that.And in regards ***** ***** that warning every time you turn it on that, just doesn't make sense. I am going to ping Kenwood directly on that one. I can't believe that that warning has to be broadcast every time you turn the thing on. I didn't spend $800 on a receiver to have it do something like that. At the least have the warning come on and then go away by itself after a predetermined period of time if you can't disable it. It's silly that you have to hit close each time it turns on to get rid of the warning.If you have any other info on the front speakers for telephone calls while using CarPlay, please let me know.Thanks,Andy

I think the warning is a legal requirement, at least in some countries - cars may have different drivers from one day to the next, so the warning must always be displayed to cover their a$$!

But do get in touch with them and see if they have any workaround for it.