ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have an audiovox aps255. the alarm horn stopped working

Customer Question

i have an audiovox aps255. the alarm horn stopped working and the wires appeared compromised, so i replaced it. still no sound from alarm. the car marker lights flash, but no alarm. i checked the fuses, they are fine. i checked around with a wiring diagram of the system also. the blue led is constant. what do i do next?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a few days ago, it slowly seemed at the time the keyless remote wasnt sending a good signal, like low battery, as it seemed at the time i battled to get the alarm to set. then all of asudden, one time i went to set the alarm, no go, the problem as it is now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just checking wiring, replaced old, worn out alarm horn itself
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thats the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Car Electronic Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 5 months ago.

Hello Solomon

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.