ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My Viper car alarm is giving me issues that I had installed

Customer Question

My Viper car alarm is giving me issues that I had installed at Best Buy several years ago. My fob armed the car, but would not disarm car. Alarm went off, and I reset by pushing what I thought was the reset button in the car. I got the car started, but the windows, radio, wipers, and A/C are not working. The ABS, ENGINE, FLAT TIRE, BRAKE lights are on. Car is idling rough. Seems like some anti theft is still happening with my electrical. Alternator doesn't seem to be charging battery. Is there another reset with the viper alarm?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Derek

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My battery is dead now. I think it needs charging. My alternator might be bad. Battery not charging.

Ok, let me know if the alarm works ok when the battery is fully charged...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still broken. You gave me no advise on fixing my car.

Have you tested the battery?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i charged the battery and disarmed the alarm. The car's built in antitheft system is triggered i think. Most electrical systems are shut down. No power to windows, wipers, radio, seats, a/c.. ENGIBE, ABS and BRAKE light are on. LOW TIRE light flashing. All systems worked before alarm went off and my fob remote died. I used key to open car. I only have a valet key. Original keys are gone.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ive done research on cutting and grounding a wire behind the drivers kick panel to disarm the factory antitheft immobilizer.

Ok, you will need the original key to disarm the alarm, or else have it permanently disabled.

Depending on what alarm system it is, you should be able to get a replacement fob programmed to suit it by an installer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's not the aftermarket alarm that is the problem. Its the factory antitheft system from lexus. I have backup fobs from Viper.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took the car to the dealership for them to fix.

Ok, glad to hear you got it sorted!