Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I just got a Mazda2 sport and will like to change the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just got a Mazda2 sport and will like to change the language from japanese to english
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried choosing the different options to see if i'll see "English" but to no avail
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all for now, thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Car Electronic Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello,Could you please help change the language on my car gps/nav/audio system from japanese to english?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In my experience, some devices (of the audio or stereo type) that are in the Japanese language as far as the interface is concerned, cannot be changed to English, because the device was made only for the Japanese market... and often, devices made only for the Japanese market only have Japanese language capability.

Of course, we cannot assume that in advance. Please let me know what the maker, and model name or model #, of the device in your Mazda2 automobile is, if possible.

And I will research the language options for that specific device.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Russell,Thank you for your quick response. Its a Pioneer c9p4 in a Mazda 2 Sport 2009 (March). I'll sincerely ***** ***** effort.

You're welcome.

Pioneer c9p4 .... I do not find a reference to that readily. What type of device is it?

Is it perhaps an AVIC ? navigation device, with screen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a navigation device with screen.

OK. I will research it (busy with other cases too), and get back to you. Feel free to post me a reminder if I seem late.

If your model works as others do, then it should work like this:

Basically you will press SRC until the unit is OFF, then press and hold the multi-control until the initial setting screen appears.

The language selection should be the first item in the list of initial settings. And though unreadable... well, there's no way to do this unless it *is* readable.

(You don't read Japanese do you? the 'English' selection *might* be in English characters. But I greatly doubt it... I'm sorry...)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't understand a bit of Japanese. That's why I need help.

Well... try what I described. Then at the initial screen of initial settings, see if (by scrolling through them) any of the settings choices say, 'English'.

(If you could read kanji characters, I could tell you what to look for. But that would be quite difficult, though not impossible at all.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Russell,I have tried that, still no result.

Then I'm sorry - this stereo may not be able to be changed to any other language.

I have Opted Out, in case there is a solution that I just don't know about - Opting Out invites other Experts to look at this case. Thanks for following the process thus far.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Russell, I've not received contact from anyone else. Please consider if you are still able to help.