Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Everything on my AVIC D2 works perfectly..... al of a sudden

Customer Question

Everything on my AVIC D2 works perfectly..... al of a sudden I cant add any way points. I won't come off destination. I can see all of my previous addresses and it will take me there but I can't add new ones.... its like it is stuck....I can see the map of where I am at....etc.... but no nav at all
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Eric and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, eject, clean and then re-load the navigation map DVD-ROM.

(if have not been done)

Still, consider a full/hard RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

It may also be to your advantage to consider an upgrade for the DVD Touch Panel Navigation Systems. Click HERE.