Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation

I need a code kenwood radio

Customer Question

Hi I need a code for my kenwood radio
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again.

Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:

- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.

- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure.

The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # ***** the device and according to the maker and model.)

I advise that you take the car to a dealership for that brand of car, and have them generate and enter the code for your stereo.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No shit, stating the bloody obvious, no help what so ever

Well, the obvious is sometimes the right facts. And I wasn't sure it would be obvious to you.

In appreciation of your desire for more input and data on this problem, I have opened the case to other Experts, by Opting Out of this case. If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 months ago.

sorry for the delay............
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”

not sure how you expect a code for your Kenwood, when you did not supply any information about your Kenwood
Model Number?
Did you change the Factory Code to your own?
How long has it been installed?
What lead up to the Unit being locked?

While there is NO promise of an UNLOCK Code, & you may have to send the Unit to Kenwood Dealer, do you want to continue?