Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I have a disc in my tview d93tsg can u please help me get it

Customer Question

Hello I have a disc in my tview d93tsg can u please help me get it out
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, you can try blowing compressed air into the disc slot, hopefully dislodging (floating) the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello I just tried your technique hate to say it didn't work I just want my disc out so I can watch movies & listen to different cd's
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trying.

Unfortunately, at this point, it is an internal hardware fault, which means the unit would require service. It will have to be removed from the vehicle and physically disassembled, just to remove the disc. Beyond that, further repairs to the disc transport mechanism are likely required as well, or the same issue will keep happening.

The shop that installed the system for you should be able to provide that service, though it often costs less to put in a new unit than to repair the existing one.

If you need help finding a repair shop though let me know your zip code.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,