stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a new DNX690 that came with version 1.4 software;

Customer Question

I have a new DNX690 that came with version 1.4 software; newer version now 1.6.
Downloaded and unzipped onto 4G USB thumdrive. Also downloaded and unzipped the Bluetooth firmware update on same thumdrive.
When I followed the instructions for doing the update, my radio recognized the Bluetooth firmware and installed it (fairly small file), but radio will not recognize the much larger system file (approx 140MB unzipped).
Thought it could be the thumbdrive, so downloaded onto another drive; same result.
Can't understand why the Bluetooth firmware update worked and the other one won't?
Help, please.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Thomas Tullo replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Tom

it wouldn't be the drive if the bluetooth file loaded fine, so it's got to be the other file, are you sure it's the right file for you model?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Tom ...
Sorry to inform that I typed a wrong digit on my model number; it should read DNX692, and yes, I'm sure I downloaded the correct file for my radio. In the interim, while awaiting an answer from Justanswer, I did a Google search for others who had this problem.
Tho the answer I found makes no sense to me, I tried it .... and it worked. The answer said to put the radio first in standby, then setup, then software and finally, plug in the thumbdrive. Can't imagine what this one sequencing step did, but the radio finally took the update. Also, like you, don't understand why the Bluetooth update worked and other one did not at first.best,
Dick Hanson, Austin, Tx

That's great, and weird, but glad you got it going, if you ever need or have a question about electronics or a car or truck, anything 12volt related look me up.