stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

Ihave a kenwood KDC-152 head unit. It has gone into

Customer Question

Ihave a kenwood KDC-152 head unit. It has gone into "protect" mode. I have traced all the wiring from the unit to the speakers and found no shorts, crossed connections or opens. Not an easy job as the complete dash must be removed from the vehicle. After resetting, the unit will operate for a minimal time then go back to protect mode. Is there any way to bypass the protect or cure the problem?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Ed and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and for test purposes, have you tired with no speaker/speaker wires connected to the Kenwood KDC-152?