Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My 510 appears charged but will not come on. I have charged

Customer Question

My Tom Tom 510 appears charged but will not come on. I have charged it removed SIM card held reset for 20sec, held on/off button down for 5 secs, inserted sim, but still will not turn on.?
Dennis.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

20 seconds it too short, can you remove the charger then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the charger and tell me if it then comes on please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try 60 seconds but at present not working. Ta
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

What were the results?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tried all of above no joy, going to take the battery out and try again if useless I'll bin it.
Please close my enquiry
Dennis
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Ok, it will not be the battery though Dennis as on the charger it would still run

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's not been successful so I am going to remove the battery and replace if no joy I will bin it
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

If the battery removal does not work then It is the internal memory that has faulted.

In that even you will need to bin it

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried your suggestion all to no avail, which i already knew.
I have sorted it by fitting a new battery.
Job done.