stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

Why is the dnn992 not compatible with the iPhone 6S or the

Customer Question

why is the dnn992 not compatible with the iPhone 6S or the 2011 Chevy Silverado Crew cab with Bose
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 months ago.

Installation wise, the 992 is a "Double DIN Unit, which would cause extensive Dash Modification to your Silverado
Phone wise, the 992 "does" support 6S+/6S/6+/6/5S/5C/4S/4/3GS/3G/ with Integration Cable

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wrong on both counts, the stock radio is 2DIN, I have had other 2DIN systems installed! The Kenwood site lists the iPhone 6s as incomparable, but the 6plus is supported with adapter cable(s)!

Sorry.......if you knew already, why ask?

The vehicle's subdash interferes with the harness and RCA connections of double-DIN (4" tall) stereos.

Check to make sure the stereo does not have wire harnesses or RCA connectors that plug into the top half of the back of the stereo.
Click Attachment below
You can do what ever you want, as it is your vehicle, but you asked why it is "not compatible"

have a great day............

Expert:  Thomas Tullo replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Tom

Sorry the other tech did not help you.

I see what he told you, wow.

anyways 2011 silverado fits double din no problem, as far as the radio not being compatible that that's the manufacturer's fault nothing can be done about that. what do you mean the radio is not compatible with silverado? why not? i should work fine.