Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Kenwood DVD receiver KDV-MP4439 installed in my

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood DVD receiver KDV-MP4439 installed in my car. It came with a remote control RC-DV460. The remote control has ceased to operate the DVD receiver. I have changed the battery in the RC but it still does not operate the receiver. Any suggestions? Do I need to "reset" the RC?
REgards
Lynton Bolland
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi Lynton and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, here is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself.

Please post back results of camera test.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Louie. Thanks for your response. The Kenwood RC did not flash a bright light when I applied the test you outlined. I tried another remote we have and saw the bright light you mentioned. So it seems the remote is faulty!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you suggest where I might be able to get a replacement remote?
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

Appears to be not that readily available Australia.

Still, would you consider online purchase from another country thus may include shipping?

Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Lynton, please click / tap HERE.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
YesI would consider buying overseas. I think saw one available in UK so shall proceed with that. Thanks again Louie
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.