stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I am working on a 1991 Ford F250 with an AVITAL CHAMPION II

Customer Question

I am working on a 1991 Ford F250 with an AVITAL CHAMPION MARK II alarm system. This is a "beater" work truck and just want to keep it running. It seems as the alarm was partially disconnected when this truck came to me. The ignition switch and steering column had damage from theft attempt. I replaced key switch and turn signal switch and removed some alarm components that appeared to be disconnected. Now engine cranks but won't start. Does that alarm system interrupt the ignition system? Can you tell me which wire? Thank you!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 4 months ago.

Usually ignition is pink pink/white with second ignition or programmable via another wire for the function. If there is a relay, and that's only if there's a starter kill, I can't quite find that part necessary. It could be the tach programming of all things. Did you get the manual from your unit? As the owner I almost suggest you being able to get a copy from customer service on their line. The brain might not realize the engine is turning over, or there could be a blown fuse on the 2nd power line if there is one. I'd start with relearning the tach programming sequence, which is model dependent.