Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I got a new Kenwood car stereo to install in my boat. Stereo

Customer Question

Hey, I got a new Kenwood car stereo to install in my boat. Stereo is KMR D365BT. Its repacing a "SEAWORTHY" stereo about ten years old. The plug ins dont match. Is there an easier way to hook them up than cutting the old harness and wiring by hand?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

In some cases you can visit a boat repair facility or an audio install facility and they can order in an adapter harness for this model here to plug into your existing harness and then wire in the stereo.If you have already checked into this and one is not available you may have to splice into the factory wiring to install this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete