Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a DNX5120 in my car. Recently I was at work and keyed

Customer Question

I have a DNX5120 in my car. Recently I was at work and keyed the mic on the radio (commercial grade walkie/talkie as I work in a wood mill) too close to the dash and the radio/nav system went out comletely. I'm thinking that I probably blew something with the resulting EMP. Is there a fuse or something I could check or is the system totally hosed? The 15A power fuse appears intact.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sam and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you tried a hard RESET?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there an easier way than taking the whole thing out, disconnecting the wires and putting it back? It's working now after that.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
a RESET as it is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. May have to be done a number of times.This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Please click HERE.