ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I bought a truck today, 2008 gmc sierra and it has an

Customer Question

hello i bought a truck today, 2008 gmc sierra and it has an aftermarket jvc head unit with a zstat amp and a premier 10'' sub. everything was working fine until i turned the music down on the way home and when i got in the driveway i heard a rhythmic thump coming from the sub. This is with no music. the music worked independently of that thumping for a while. now no music works and still only a mild rhythmic thumping that occurs any time power is supplied to amp
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 6 months ago.
Hi James,If all wiring is secure, check it for any sign of damage.Also ensure the system is grounded correctly. This type of problem is often caused by a bad ground.