Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I am installing a Viper 5704 on My Toyota FJ Cruiser. I

Customer Question

Hi,I am installing a Viper 5704 on My Toyota FJ Cruiser. I have 2 starter wires and 2 Ignition wires. I believe the best way to go about wiring the second starter wires and ignition wires are with 2 additional relays. Could someone verify this please?Also, I believe that I need to cut the starter wires, and connect them to Starter input and Output as shown in the picture.Could someone verify this as well please?Thank you very much in advance for your response.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here is what I want to do
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”.You did not post the Brand & Model Number of the Remote Start you are installing, but "most" Remote Starts have provisions for at least "2" Ignition OutputsRelays would be the "safest" way for Starter & Ignition, if you do not have Ignition 2You could use Large Diodes, which branch off the Starter wire of the Remote Start, but they get hot.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. Just to clarify, the remote start is Viper 5704. I believe pin H3/2, H3/7, H3/8 correspond to an internal relay? I am not sure how to activate them though. (Signal to activate/ connect the switch between H3/4 and H3,7 (i.e. pins 87 and 30).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, is my wiring for the relays correct otherwise?
Diagram looks like it will workYou do not have to cut Starter 2 for Starter Kill, because vehicle will not start if Starter 1 is cut.sorry....I am not at work, are the internal relays Programable
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks I figured it out.