Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a PIONEER AVIC-D2 in my motor home the touch screen

Customer Question

I have a PIONEER AVIC-D2 in my motor home the touch screen is not responding on right side in order to except terms and conditions it appears the map is under screen this was in a used rv I bought
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I'm sorry to have to say that, though you have done all the right things, the touch-screen that is damaged that way probably will need repair-shop work, maybe the screen replaced.But check one thing in addition to what you've done: is the frame protruding at all on the right side of the screen? sometimes, there might be a protective cover over these touch-screens... sometimes... and if that were the case and it weren't well-seated in place, the touch-screen might be blocked in its function.If that's obviously not the case, I'd say, you'll have to take it to a Pioneer repair shop for some work, possibly quite expensive, so I would advise you to get an estimate on the repair cost before being committed to repairing it... maybe replacing the Pioneer unit as a whole might be preferable to you.