Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I'm Anthony. I am not getting sound from radio in my 2002

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Anthony. I am not getting sound from radio in my 2002 Avalon. I just replaced the radio with another used stock radio as my old radio CD changer quit working. I did have a similar problem with the old radio where the sound would cut in and out.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.It is not uncommon for these Units to fail, as they do have problemsYou might want to have a look under the Passenger Seat to see if there is a External Amplifier & check for moisture intrusion, connection issues or any foreign stuff on itIF there is NO Amplifier, then you will need to check each Speaker to see if they are goodIF Speakers are good, then likely the Unit is badMany times installing Aftermarket Unit, Install Kit & Wiring Adapter is better.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I answered your question correctly & as soon as I saw it.did you need more info?please respond or rate my answer, as that is what was agreed to.thank you