Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a pioneer avic5100nex and without warning the screen

Customer Question

I have a pioneer avic5100nex and without warning the screen went blank. Unable to use maps or play a cd. I was wondering if I blew a fuse and if so how do I change it.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. A blank screen is not a good sign. It means the unit either lost power, or failed initialization.Check the power connection, and yes, the fuse (for the power, which should be in your auto's fuse block) ...might have blown. If worst comes to worst, it will have to be repaired or replaced. (How old is it? do any lights show up on it anywhere when it is turned On?)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately due to a family emergency I have not been able to follow up on your advice. The car is garaged for the moment. I will follow up as soon as I can.
OK, I understand. Get back to this at your convenience. Thanks for letting me know.