Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a avh x2700bs . It is 1 yr and a week old. The radio

Customer Question

I have a avh x2700bs . It is 1 yr and a week old. The radio just turns off and on by itself. Sometimes the radio has sound but no picture. Can you help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.What you describe sounds like an intermittent problem with the power supply inside the AVH device. It is out of warranty, unfortunately, if it is older than 1 year from original purchase date.If it were just a loose connection in the circuitry, having an electronics tech with a keen eye and a good hand at fine and high-quality re-soldering of connections, look its circuit boards and connectors over esp. with regard to the power supply and distribution, could possibly help.
Also, be sure that all cables to the power supply from the vehicle it is in, are in good condition and the connection firmly seated. Let me know if you need further help with this, or more advice. Thanks.