Thomas Tullo
Thomas Tullo, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Owner at Auto Options

The bluetooth settings in my settings menu are greyed out.

Customer Question

The bluetooth settings in my settings menu are greyed out. I would like to access them in order to delete my old phone from its memory and add my new one.. How can i fix this? I have the pioneer AVH-X2700BS
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello Adam, On the upper left hand corner of your Pioneer locate the tiny pinhole "reset" button and use a paperclip straightened out or another small object to press and hold this button for 7 seconds and release to reset the Pioneer to factory defaults. Then go ahead and enter the BT menu and setup your new phone as if the Pioneer were new out of the box.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried resetting it yesterday, all that did however is make me have to go through all of my sound settings and adjust them for nothing... Its still greyed out
Expert:  Thomas Tullo replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** do a bypass to watch movies while driving? if not you have to ground the green wire on back of radio for parking brake to accesses the blue tooth options.