stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

The backup camera on my 2011 Edge limited stopped working....JA:

Customer Question

The backup camera on my 2011 Edge limited stopped working....
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The backup camera is not working....yellow triangle on display..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is something that I can do...yes..
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: There is a message asking to run report....when I select yes it says in cannot at this time...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What type of device on your dashboard does the yellow triangle appear on?Is it a Kenwood, a Pioneer, or some other brand of device?(I ask because that device may be involved in the problem.) Also I need to query: Was work done on the car, or anything moderately heavy moved around inside it, e.g. a load in the back, before the camera stopped working? or any work done on the car itself e.g. engine or electrical system?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The camera system is part of the package bought with worked yesterday and nothing happened to the vehicle internode. I did jump start my car from the edge..
OK. Is there a brand name on the camera system?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already told you....,WHY DID THEY TRY TO CHARGE MY CARD?
For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at, which may be contacted through***@******.*** will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.
I fear I may not be able to help you with this question and have not made as much progress so far as would be best, ***** ***** have Opted Out, opening this question to other Experts in this category.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, no need...ill take it to dealer...