Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm curious how to hook up my full range speakers and my subwoofer

Customer Question

I'm curious how to hook up my full range speakers and my subwoofer onto my Hifonics BRX 2400 .1 D amp? I have four full range speakers 6 and a half in the back and six by nines in the front.. I know that's a little different set up but work with me lol
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately there is no way you're going to be able to connect your full range speakers to this amp along with your subwoofer, as it is a Mono Subwoofer amplifier- meaning one low frequency channel designed exclusively for sending lots of power to a subwoofer. Your full range speakers need a 2 or 4 channel "full-range" amplifier. So for the subwoofer- that amp is fine, but for the full-range drivers, you would want something like this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44493_Hifonics-Zeus-ZRX600.4.html
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?