Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I have an Alpine CDE-133BT-E radio installed. Yesterday I

Customer Question

I have an Alpine CDE-133BT-E radio installed. Yesterday I could get no sound although everything indicated power is there, lights indicators, station ID etc. The CD player works but again no sound. Where do I start to look for a problem/solution? Did I accidently push a mute of some kind? The car has been in storage for the past 4 months and had to jump start but the radio was working when I took it out of the garage.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there an answer to my question coming any time soon?
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 months ago.
Year, Make & Model of Vehicle?External Amplifier connected?Did the Alpine have sound "before & after" you jumpered the vehicle?.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2006 Toyota Rav 4 and the radio is not stock item.
The Alpine played perfectly 4 months ago when I put it into storage, played again after jump starting but stopped shortly after that
IF you had to jumper the Vehicle, then the Battery likely was dead or to low to maintain Memory in the Alpine.Once Voltage was supplied, the Alpine powered up & played, until the System was turned off or something changed, like CD, Station, etc., then the Unit completely went blank for memory.You did not answer all my questions:Try a RESET, by removing the Face Plate & press in on the small RESET Button at the front bottom left of the UnitBe sure your Sound Settings is set to "POW OFF" if there is NO External AMPSee Page 15 of ManualIF you do NOT have a Manual, here is Alpine Manual....Click Link: http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_CDE-133BT_EN.pdf.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
your suggestion did not fix the issue. if you have any suggestions let me have it or else I am calling it a day since I have worked on this the better part of today.
thanks for effort
There were "2" possible fixesIF neither helped, sorry.........as I cannot see or touch the Unit or systemWill opt out & relistthanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks am going back to the store where purchased and installed
sorry for the issue.......hope you get it done.......THANK YOUThanks for using J/A