Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Kenwood DPX791BH in my car and have been happy with

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood DPX791BH in my car and have been happy with the performance for about 9 months now. But recently, when I am listening to songs that are loaded on my phone, the display of the song title and artist does not update when the song changes.
The only way I can get the current song title to display, is to power off the unit and back on. Then the title is properly updated.
This is happening 100% of the time now, no matter which song title is chosen. That first song title stays on the display even if several other songs have played.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, If you have not already tried this- use a paperclip straightened out, then press and hold the tiny reset button on the front of the Kenwood (to the lower right of the volume control), for 7 full seconds and release. This resets the unit to factory defaults. Then try connecting your phone to the receiver and let me know what happens. If that does not work then let me know the brand and model of your phone and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.